Global Blue is an expert on foreign travellers’ shopping and spending and makes retail transactions between merchants and their foreign customers, easier and more rewarding for everyone. Having introduced the concept of Tax Free Shopping thirty years ago, Global Blue now offers a wide range of services that help globe shoppers shop and spend wisely when they are in foreign countries, and merchants and banks increase their revenues from the lucrative traveller market.
Global Blue works with more than 270,000 of the world’s favourite retailers, shopping brands and hotels in more than 40 countries and serves in excess of 68,000 travellers each and every day. The company’s ambition is to become the beacon for international shopping and spending across the globe.
Global Blue’s headquarter is in Eysins, close to Geneva, Switzerland. More information about Global Blue is available at www.globalblue.com
Tax Free Shopping
With the Tax Free Service, Global Blue refunds travellers the value added tax on their purchases in foreign countries. This makes purchasing for shopping tourists even more lucrative.
Global Blue Currency Choice offers international travellers the opportunity of paying in their home currency. With the help of our so-called Dynamic Currency Conversion solution, customers already know while making their purchase exactly what amount will be on their credit card statement later.
We offer merchants the opportunity to advertise their brands throughout the entire Globe Shopper journey and generate traffic to their stores.
Why should you partner with us?
- We give you the opportunity to engage with globe shoppers throughout their entire journey and generate traffic to your stores
- Leading publisher in the travel & shopping industry with over 7.4M print publications worldwide and 14M visits on our website
- Omni channel approach to maximise visibility at every stage of the traveller journey: Tour operators, Online travel agencies, Visa centers, Airports, In-flight, Tourism Boards, Hotels
- Present in 6 origin markets and all key shopping destinations: Top 3 traveller nations; i.e. Chinese, Middle East, Russia
- Unrivalled network of partners in the travel industry with long-lasting partnerships like Ctrip, Caissa, Utour, Baidu, Vasco, Uroaming, Planeta Travel, Roza Vetrov, JC Decaux etc.
- Innovative print and digital solutions to engage with travellers: mono brands and multi brand publications, handy pop up maps, geo-targeting, co-branded boarding passes EDM push mails
- Consulting services to reach influencers: news release service, store accreditation, cultural sales trainings for sales staff
- Methodology & Reporting
Tax Free Shopping
Makes shopping even more lucrative
Tax Free Shopping saves money for more than 68,000 people each day at 270,000 participating locations in 40 countries – this means savings of up to 14,5 percent in Germany!
Our service is simple and allows you to reclaim the tax you pay when shopping overseas in just three easy steps:
Once you’ve found that perfect item, remember to ask the shop staff for a Tax Free Form when you’re paying for it.
Before leaving the European Union (last airport), show your purchases and travel documents to the customs officials and get your form stamped.
Finally, show your stamped Tax Free Form, passport and credit card to Global Blue Customer Services or one of our partner refund points for a cash or credit card refund.
With the Tax Free Service from Global Blue, travellers in Germany can receive a tax rebate of up to 14.5 percent. For this refund, Global Blue has access to 250 international refund points worldwide.
For more information:
With Global Blue Currency Choice you can pay in your own card currency wherever you are in the world, and so keep track of exactly what you are spending at all times. To take advantage of this service, please follow the steps below.
Tell the shop or hotel staff that you want to pay in your own card currency.
Approve the exchange rate and the final payment amount displayed on the terminal screen. The transaction will then be processed in your own card currency.
Sign and keep a copy of your credit card slip. The final payment amount and the accepted exchange rate will both be shown on this receipt.*
Who can use Currency Choice?
Global Blue Currency Choice is available to anyone with a Visa or Mastercard debit or credit card, which is issued in one of the following currencies:
Australian Dollars (AUD)
Canadian Dollars (CAD)
Swiss Francs (CHF)
Yuan Renminbi (CNY)
Danish Kroner (DKK)
British Pounds (GBP)
Hong Kong Dollars (HKD)
Japanese Yen (JPY)
Korean Won (KRW)
Norwegian Kroner (NOK)
New Zealand Dollars (NZD)
Russian Rubel (RUB)
Swedish Kroner (SEK)
Singapore Dollars (SGD)
New Turkish Lira (TRY)
US Dollars (USD)
Best Rate Guarantee
The Currency Choice Best Rate Guarantee is our promise to you that the exchange rate used to calculate the final purchase price is based on the best possible rate available at that time.
To find out how to make an eligible claim, please email email@example.com or call the helpline on +421 232 111 111. Please note that you must submit your claim within 60 days from the transaction date.