All areas relevant for testing meet the quality criteria of the label "Accessibility certified - accessible for people with walking disabilities and partially accessible for wheelchair users".
Some information on accessibility are listed below. For detailed information please see the evaluation report.
- There is a bus stop (name: bus stop "Haus der Wannsee-Konferenz") of the local transport in 50 m.
- There is no company parking available. Parking spaces for coaches and cars are sufficient and available free of charge in front of the house/entrance.
- The area is is steplessly accessible.
- The main house is steplessly accessible via a ramp.
- The ramp has a maximum gradient of 6 %, is 130 cm wide and a total length of 160 cm.
- All rooms and facilities that can be used and raised for the guest are accessible steplessly or via an elevator. Door thresholds are max. 1 cm high.
- The elevator cabin measures 125 cm x 145 cm. The elevator door is 79 cm wide. There is no horizontal control panel.
- All evaluated passageways/doors available to the guests are at least 82 cm wide.
- The cash counter is 80 cm high at the lowest point.
- Marlier villa garden: The main paths in the upper garden area are at least 150 cm wide and are low-vibration and easy to walk and drive on. There are longitudinal gradients of max. 5 % on 10 m. The lower garden area by the water is only accessible via several steps or a very steep, slippery path (longitudinal gradient of more than 25%).
- There are no wheelchair accessible tables available in the cafeteria (outbuilding).
- The designed tour leads through passages of max. 76 cm, but an alternative tour with a minimum width of 88 cm is possible.
- Almost all manoeuvring spaces in front of the exhibits are at least 150 cm x 150 cm.
- The exhibits are mainly visible, perceptible, operable or recognizable while seated.
- The information on the exhibits is mainly readable when seated.
- The following aids are offered: wheelchair
- The following technical possibilities of information transfer are available: Audio guides, apps, tablets.
- Guided tours are offered for people with walking disabilities and wheelchair users. It is necessary to book the tour in advance.
- The entire route of the guided tour is steplessly variable for wheelchair users.
- Mobile or fixed seats are available for people with walking disabilities, which may be used during the guided tour
Public toilet in the main building
- The door is at least 82 cm wide.
- The manoeuvring spaces are as follows:
in front of the washbasin 150 cm x 120 cm;
in front of the toilet 150 cm x 90 cm;
to the right of the toilet 100 cm x 70 cm,
no manoeuvring space on the left.
- There are grab rails available on the left and right of the WC.
- The grab rails can be flipped-up.
- The sink has limited access.
- The mirror can be seen while sitting or standing.
- An alarm trigger is not available.
- There are additional toilets (no grab handles, small movement areas, doors partly under 70 cm etc.) in the basement, on the 1st floor as well as in the cafeteria and outside.
Evaluation report: Download as PDF